Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring weather is almost here

Ahhh, has spring officially arrived in STL? Perhaps not; however, St. Louis weather today and this coming week will sure feel like spring. It was almost 80 degrees today, and our five-day forecast looks to be in the low 70s and high 60s. Matt and I are completely enjoying Missouri's early spring weather, as we are used to WNY snow days until the end of April.

A recap on our winter here in Missouri: it has been especially mild with only one significant snow storm to report; approximately six inches of accumulation where we live. Matt and I were surprised that the seemingly small amount of snow fall (compared to WNY's snow-belt region) caused the surrounding schools to close for a few days. Even the College I work at closed for a day. I attribute this to the state of Missouri just not having the equipment or manpower to handle ice and snow covered roads.

Oh well, here's to a wonderful spring! And I'm sure a hot and humid summer - lucky us.

No comments:

Post a Comment