To my undergrad and grad school friends, Sorority Sisters, and co-workers past and present: thank you so much for all your support during the past four-and-a-half months.
I can't say enough about the friends and colleagues who have been instrumental in getting me through the past four months while Matt has been away in Basic Training and Technical School.
I offer a humble thank you for your calls, e-mails, voice messages, cards, flowers, invites to social events and activities. I feel stronger as a result of the tremendous support group around me.
On to the kindness of others...Here is a beautiful bouquet of flowers sent by my sorority sisters Taryn and Tewks. They sent the flowers as a way to uplift my spirits, and the flowers absolutely did!
Karla, one of my co-workers invited my boss and I to a Cards game. It was a great escape from work for a few hours.
It's important for me to mention that I do not put myself in the same league with the Air Force wives and families with loved ones serving overseas or on deployment. Their lives are much more difficult than mine. I am simply a wife separated from her husband. Matt has been away in training for 18 weeks, and it will be another 13 weeks until he returns to STL.
Many thanks again to all my wonderful friends for helping me through this!



No comments:
Post a Comment