Independence Day allows us to support and appreciate those who gave their lives for our freedom, and continue to serve and protect it. July 4th is also a day of fun with family and friends, festivities, and of course fireworks.
Fair St. Louis noted it’s 30th anniversary this year, and took place downtown St. Louis during 4th of July weekend. Saturday morning funfair began with a parade through Market Street. The theme, A Night at the Movies, depicted some interesting floats. Okay, I have to be honest, the above pics are not mine. I "copied" them from the STL Fair website. My camera pics are below, as you can see, not as well photographed.
After the parade, I made my way to the Arch grounds and joined the hundreds of on-lookers for the Air Show. I am still getting used to the "preferred beverage of choice" here in STL... there were Budweiser beer tents everywhere!
Yep, the above are the pro pics... and now for mine.
Onto Sunday’s festivities, where I joined a co-worker at her family’s house for a traditional cookout and an awesome fireworks show at dusk.
Matt had a great holiday weekend too; celebrating beach style on the Gulf, enjoying BBQ foods and watching fireworks. Even though we celebrated this day more than 800 miles apart, it still felt like we were together while seeing fireworks in our home states.












No comments:
Post a Comment