The month of June is not complete without mentioning a few crazy days for Matt and I. Actually, the craziness began the end of last month when I experienced my first car accident -thank God, no injuries. I skidded into (and under) the back of a Mazda Tribute. The SUV's only damage was a scratch to its bumper; however, my car suffered a bit more. In fact, it was totalled, get this.... because of the radiator! My car also had damage to the hood (see the pic below) and the front frame/bumper, headlights, etc. It was the radiator that tipped the scales to an unsalvaged vehicle.

So here is my new, used vehicle... an Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme.

It actually has a few bells and whistles my Alero didn't. I like the leather interior, which is in great shape. Dual climate controls, and the steering wheel has one-touch access to controlling radio volume and stations, temperature and fan. Even though I'm not happy about losing the Alero, at least the Cutless is paid for!
Another blessing we received is Matt's new job - just when we needed it the most! He is still working as an insurance agent, but his primary job now is working for a health care company, second shift in the warehouse. I'm so pleased that he is happy with the new job.
Additionally, Matt is considering his options to serve in the military, specifically the Air Force Reserve. Matt's felt called to serve for a number of years. It's an honor to be his wife, and Matt has my full support. On a side note, as a result of going through so many hardships this past year, our relationship has been strengthened far greater this year than in our almost six years of marriage. We fully believe the course of going through so many challenges and coming through them blessed is a testimony to God's grace and our strength as couple growing in faith. So, with that said, if the military is where Matt is meant to be, my prayer is that the door remains open, and if not, then I pray the Lord closes it. As I've heard many times before -- and continue to believe -- where one door closes, another opens.
I will keep you posted on Matt's decision!

No comments:
Post a Comment