Well, summer has officially arrived! After being out in the heat this weekend, my husband and I definitely feel it! I listened to our local weather report this morning call for a hot day; and I felt the heat at 7:30 am when I began my morning commute. It was already 84 degrees, and a bit humid.
Just so we are all on the same page, here's what the National Weather Service has to say for St. Louis: excessive heat warning for the St. Louis area remains in effect until 7 p.m. Wednesday.The high temperatures for the next three days are expected to reach the middle to upper 90s.
(Welcome to the mid-west!)
The combination of the hot temperature and humidity will make it feel like 105 degrees or hotter. The city of St. Louis and surrounding municipalities will feel the warmest -- and afternoon heat indices could climb to 110 degrees.The National Weather Service said the danger will increase each day as the buildup of heat beings to impact those at highest risk for heat-related illnesses.
(Oh. My. Gosh! I am going to melt every day this week!)
If you recall, I work a second job at a family recreation center, a.k.a. family water park known to be the stopping ground for 300 people seeking the indoor & outdoor pool area on weekends. I'm sure this week will be just as busy. Great, fun for me and the Rec Center crew!
Well, I will take the heat any day over the six months of winter in NYS. (Just a reminder that St. Louis experienced one day of snow-fall this past winter, in the amount of 6 inches... that melted after two days.)
Anyway, blessings for air-conditioning this week! And thank goodness I don't work outside.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment