Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Basic Military Training Update: Zero Week Complete

At this point Matt has completed Zero Week of Basic Military Training (BMT) at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX. Communication between us has been extremely limited, which I expected, I look forward to actually speaking with Matt for more than the 30 second phone call that he arrived safely in Texas.

Today I received a postcard from the Air Force BMT with Matt's mailing address; I'm thankful I can at least write to him now.

I feel as if I've grown up about 10 years this week, there's something very real about waking up and realizing, "Okay, I'm on my own now..." I wonder if Matt is feeling the same way too. One way that I've tried to stay connected with my dear husband is to read up on the coming weeks' BMT schedule. It may seem nerdy, but it's helpful to me.

Before I end this post, I must say that Matt and I are incredibly blessed with great family and friends in New York and Missouri; all of whom have shown their kindness and support the past few weeks.

Thank you so much to everyone who has called and e-mailed with an encouraging word, listening ear, and offered prayers. I definitely felt lifted up this week, and I'm sure Matt felt your prayers too. Hopefully by this time next week I'll have heard from him.

May God continue to bless the men, women and their families who serve our country.

To our family in NY and MO, here is Matt's address:
AB Brown, Matthew C.
326 TRS/FLT 335 (Dorm A3)
PSC3
1320 Truemper St. Unit 36941005
Lackland AFB, TX 78236-5570

*** and per Matt, please only send letters on a plain envelope (only write the mailing and return address on the envelope), and no cards or carepackages can be accepted. I know it's a bit strict; however, it's boot camp for a reason. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment