I choose to remain positive and keep a positive attitude even when my current situation warrants rather the opposite. Honestly, it is extremely difficult to be apart from Matt, and not hear from him while he is in Basic Training. This weekend through today has been an emotional roller-coaster.
Before Matt left for BMT, Friday through Sunday were our days to reconnect due to our crazy work-schedules. Now that he is away, the weekends are a bit painful. I really hoped to receive a call from him this Sunday - it didn't happen. Perhaps one of the 50 guys in Matt's flight caused the whole group to get in trouble (which has been regularly happening), or maybe Matt was exhausted (which is more likely); anyway, I didn't hear from him.
So, Monday began with my attitude poor and I found it difficult to remain positive throughout the day. Okay, I actually admit that I am not always positive (much to the shock of my co-workers in MO, who usually see me as upbeat). Toward the afternoon, I regrouped, gotta keep the faith, right?
I believe prayers can be answered in ways we least expect them. Get this, I was actually staring at my cell phone, even had it open, just looking at the screen. Around 4:30 pm, my caller ID showed an incoming call from "Matthew Brown". My wonderful, sweet husband had called in. The phone call only lasted three minutes. Hearing my husbands' voice was priceless. Matt is doing really well and he sounded good.
I may misquote this, but I've heard the saying that "a picture is worth a thousand words", I beg to differ; I believe an unexpected phone call (when you need it most) is worth more. The power of prayer can get you through anything, and choosing a positive attitude helps to start the day. Now I just need to remember that!
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment