One of my colleagues told me to wear red on Monday, and I thought, "Okay, I'll support the Cardinals and wear red." I hadn't a clue how big Opening Day is for Redbird fans. I work across the street from Busch Stadium, so it was perfect to attend Opening Day festivities. At 11:30 am, I joined a few co-workers in-route to the pep rally.
Mom, you will be proud to know that I overcame my fear of people dressed in full costume to take a picture with Fredbird. You can see Busch Stadium in the background.
Cardinal fans were already in full swing of their tailgate party at 11:30 am. Got to love it!

Onward to Kiener Plaza for the bands, vendors, oh and more "beverage" tents.
There were so many people at Kiener Plaza, and the weather was absolutly perfect, 80 degrees and no humidity.
This guy looked really important, he was on a stage signing autographs, so I took a picture. Found out later it was Mike Matheny. Yeah, I'm slow to learn current and former Cardinal players. My St. Louis friends and co-workers have started to coach me. (Matheny was the Cardinal's former catcher.)
My first Opening Day Pep Rally was a blast. Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch the game I had to get back to work sometime.... the Cards won: 5-0! Go Cards!






No comments:
Post a Comment