I finally heard from Matt via phone this Saturday afternoon – he sounded good. He reported that he is still doing well with the physical and mental challenges. He also said time is moving along quickly. We only had about six minutes to talk, and it was wonderful to hear his voice. I am so proud of him… and I am starting to get excited about his graduation at Lackland AFB in about two-and-half weeks.
I told Matt that our family and friends back home in Missouri, New York and Pennsylvania are rooting for him, and keeping him in thought and prayer. If you know Matt, he’s a humble man – so all the attention makes him uncomfortable. However, Matt is also extremely gracious – so he said simply, “Thank you, that is nice.”
I told Matt that our family and friends back home in Missouri, New York and Pennsylvania are rooting for him, and keeping him in thought and prayer. If you know Matt, he’s a humble man – so all the attention makes him uncomfortable. However, Matt is also extremely gracious – so he said simply, “Thank you, that is nice.”
For Matt and his flight, this Monday, April 19 begins Week Six – also known as BEAST weak. From what I understand, it will be the most physically and mentally challenging week for his flight.
According to my BMT guide, here’s what Matt has to look forward to:
– SERE (Survival Evasion Resistance Escape)
– Deployment briefing
– Basic Expeditionary Airman Skills Training (BEAST)
We are counting down the days until graduation. Can’t wait! Thank you all for your continued support.

No comments:
Post a Comment